About Dr. R.K. Verma
Dr R. K. Verma is an internationally trained and experienced Joint Replacement Surgeon. Dr. R.K. Verma has 32 years of surgical experience in India and has special expertise in Joint Replacement Surgery.
At Present he is Medical director in meware hospital which is Largest Orthopaedic Hospital Chain in India
He has a league of more successful joint replacement surgeries performed by him which includes knee replacement , hip replacement and shoulder replacement . He has completed his Medical degree (MBBS) from S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur. He has post graduated (MS) in Orthopaedics from S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur.
He interests in Joint replacements, Spine Surgery and Pelvic Surgery. He has completed Training in Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement. He has experience of 32years in Medical Teaching. Dr R.K. Verma worked at S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur as Assist. Professor, after he has Assoc. Professor in S.M.S. Medical College. Dr. R.K.Verma has Professor and Head of Dept. in S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur from 2010 to 2012.
He is a joint replacement professor and teaches orthopedic trainees. He has also delivered lectures at various conferences in Institutes and Hospitals both at the National and International.
"He did hip replacement of world's oldest man Mr. Habib Miyan, at the age of 138 years old".
- Total teaching experience of 32 years (1981-2012)
- Served as Professor of Orthopaedics and then retired as Head of Department of Orthopaedics, S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur Rajasthan.
- Under graduate examiner at S.M.S Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan. (University of Health Sciences of Rajasthan, India)
- Post- graduate examiner at S.M.S Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan. (University of Health Sciences of Rajasthan, India)
- Post- graduate examiner at Ahmedabad Medical College, Gujurat.
- P.G. Examiner at Nagpur Medical College, Maharashtra Medical University
- Guide of Thesis & research project of several Post-graduate students
ORGANIZING ACTIVITIES :-
- Organizing secretary of Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons associations in 1997-98 at Jaipur
- Joint Organizing secretary of (IOACON 2000)
- President of Rajasthan Orthopaedic surgeons associations in the year (2004-05)
- Joint Organizing secretary of IOACON 2010
PAPERS/ LECTURES :-
- Presented paper on “Place of Synovial fluid examination & needle biopsy of synovial membrane in the diagnosis of Monoarticular Joint Disease” at the III Annual Conference of Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeon Association, S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur in 1982.
- Delivered lecture on “Osteoporosis in the new millennium-salmon, calcitonin & bone quality concept” in the Mid-term CME 2002.
- Presented paper on “Our experiences with Tendo-Achilles Injury” at the Annual Conference of Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons Associations, held in 2005, Alwar.
- Presented paper on “Our experiences in MM of Fractures of distal third femur with supracondylar nail” at the Annual Conference of Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeon Associations, held in 2005 at Alwar.
ADDITIONAL COURSES / TRAINING/ WORKSHOP/ CONFERENCES :-
- Participated in A.O. Basic Course on operative treatment of fractures & non-union at New Delhi from 21-25th September 1982.
- Participated in Hands on workshop on “Arthroscopic surgery of the knee: Current concepts & psychomotor skills laboratories” from December 10- 12th 1985. Bombay. India.
- Participated in workshop on the Total Hip & Knee replacement surgery on 30-31st January 1988 at Jodhpur, under the auspices of Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons Association
- Participated in Ist National Conference and hands on workshop on Total Joint replacement at Madras on 5-6th September 1992.
- Completed the New Delhi NICER course 1992 in skeletal radiology, soft tissue imaging and mammography in New Delhi, India 28th November 1992.
- Attended the international seminar cum workshop on Ilizarov and related techniques held at HBEW hospital from 8-10th May 1993.
- Chairing a session in lower limb trauma in Indian section – West zone WEZCON-94 of International college of surgeons at S.M.S. Medical College Jaipur on 15-16th October 1994.
- Participated in hands on workshop on spinal surgical technique at Government Medical College, Jabalpur on 27th October, 1995 under Association of Spine Surgeons of India.
- Attended the AO workshop from 5-7th March 1996 in Jaipur, India, under A.O. International Association for study of Internal fixation (AO/ASIF)
- Attended the Instructional Course on knee joint on 20-21st April 1996 at Pt. B.D.Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak (Haryana) under Indian Orthopaedic Association.
- Participated in the symposium on Diaphyseal fractures of long bones & hands on workshop on Interlocking Nail at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India from 9-10th August 1996.
- Attended the AO Advance course from 13-16th March 1997 New Delhi India under AO International/ Association for study of Internal Fixation (AO/ASIF)
- Participated in Countinuing Orthopaedic Education Course, 97 at SP Medical College Bikaner, Rajasthan. India.
- Attended the AIIMS Instructional Course on “Update on spine surgery & workshop on spinal fixation” held on 22-23rd August 1998, organized by Orthopaedic Research Society, Dept. Of Orthopaedics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Attended the 1st Asia Pacific arthroplasty society meeting on October 30-31st 1999, New Delhi, India.
- Participated in the spine course organized by Bombay Orthopaedic Society from 23-27 December 1999.
- Attended CME on Rheumatology on 12th March 2000, at S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan. India
- Participated in the programme on application of computer and internet for medical professional during 29-30th April 2000 under the Indian Institute of Quality Management, Jaipur.
- Attended the AO seminar of complex problems in fracture surgery from 6-7th April 2001 in Chennai India under AO International, Association of study of Internal fixation (AO/ASIF)
- Participated in CME at IOACON 2001 held on 20th December 2001.
- Attended the AO spine workshop from the 17-18th January 2002 in Kolkata, India, under AO international Association of study of Internal Fixation (AO/ASIF)
- Attended the “Basic Hip Arthroplasty Course” April 2002 under Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.
- Attended the “Basic Knee Arthroplasty course” April 2002 organized by MAMC & LNJP Hospitals in association with the University of Dundee UK & Orthopaedic Training Association
- Participated in 2002 combined Orthopaedic meeting 12-16th October 2002, Singapore.
- Attended the Basic course & workshop on “Primary total hip arthroplasty on October 19-20th 2002” organized by Delhi Institute of Trauma & Orthopaedics, Sant Parmanand Hospitals, New Delhi in Association with Orthopaedic Training Association
- Attended the AO seminar “Experts meet experts” on Osteotomies & foot injuries from 31st January to 1st February 2003, New Delhi. India
- Participated in the combined Instructional course on spine surgery from 1-3rd August 2003 in Coimbatore, India.
- Attended the joint replacement state of art conference, held in Mumbai on 18-19th October 2003.
- Participated as faculty in 22nd Continuing Orthopaedic Education course 2004 Organized by S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur. Orthopaedic Chapter.
- Attended “Today’s Women & Osteoporosis” CME held on 29th October 2004 at Jaipur.
- Attended Ranawat Orthopaedic Research Foundation’s Conference “Advances in Joint Replacement Surgery” at Jaipur India 21-22nd January 2005.
- Attended a course (MIS) Minimal Invasive surgery in joint replacement at Sydney Australia in January 2006.
MEETINGS/ CONFERENCES ATTENDED :-
- Participated in III Annual Conference of Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons Association at S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India in 1982.
- Attended XXXII Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association from 10-13th October 1987, New Delhi India.
- Participated in XXXVI Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association from 5-8th December 1991 at Madras, India.
- Attended the Annual Conference of Associations of spine surgeons of India at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, India 12-14th March 1993, New Delhi, India.
- Participated in the Indian section, west zone conference of International College of Surgeons at S.M.S Medical College, Jaipur on 21-22nd August 1993.
- Attended the 39th Annual Conference of India Orthopaedic Association held from 23-27th November 1994, Banglore India.
- Participated in the 10th Annual Conference of Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons Association, 28-29th January 1995 at JLN Medical College, Ajmer India
- Participated in 9th Annual Conference of Association of spine surgeons of India held at Jabalpur on 28-29th October, 1995.
- Participated in XIII Annual Conference of Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons Association on 27-28th October 1999 at SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- Attended the Annual Conference of Association of Spine Surgeons of India 19-21st January, 2001 at AIIMS, New Delhi, India.
- Participated in IOACON 2001 46th Annual Conference from 21-23rd December 2001 Ahmedabad.
- Attended XV Annual Conference of ASSI held at Kolkata on 19-20th January 2002.
- Participated in the 15th Annual Conference of ROSACON 22-23rd February 2003, Bharatpur.
- Participated in 48th Annual Conference of IOACON 19-21st December 2003, Chennai.
- Participated in 49th Annual Conference of IOACON 14-19th December 2004, Agra.
- Participated in Annual conference of ROSACON 5-6 February 2005 at Alwar.
- Attended Ranawat Orthopaedic research foundation (Advanced Joint Replacement Surgery) held on 20-22nd January 2005 at Jaipur, India.
- Attended AO Seminar on Metaphyseal fractures L.C.P. Plates held on 22nd April 2005, New Delhi, India.
- Attended Seminar & hands on workshop on locking compression plate (LCP) from 10th April 2005 in Jaipur.
- Participated in Delhi spine course organized at Dr.R.M.L Hospital New Delhi on 10-11th September 2005.
- Attended Orthopaedic update: MIS surgery series held 8 to 11 January 2006 at Sydney (Australia)
- Participated in ASSICON (Association of spine surgeons of India) 17-19th Feb 2006 in Chandigarh
- Attended AO masters course from 8-10th November, 2006 at New Delhi, India
- Attended AO Course principles in Operative fracture management held 28-30th August 2006 Ahmadabad, India (as faculty).
- Attended 3rd Joint Replacement State-of-art held at 7-8th October 2006.
- Participated in Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association operative spine course held from 8-11th March 2007, Ganga Hospital Coimbatore.
- Attended I.C.S. 2007 Instructional Course in spine held from 9-12th August 2007
- Participated in International Society for the study of the Lumbar Spine Canada & Association of Spine Surgeons of India held 17-18th January 2008, Coimbatore, India.
- Attended (Ranawat Orthopaedic Research Foundation) Advances in Joint Replacement Surgery held on 31st January to 2nd February 2008 at New Delhi
- Participated Skeletal trauma 2008 held on 20-23rd November 2008, Phuket, Thailand.
- Member of the Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons on dated 10th January 2009.
- Attended AO Pelvic course from 16-19th April 2009 at New Delhi, India.
- Participated at Ganga Operative spine course held on 30th April, Coimbatore, India.
- Attended Hip Symposium held on 2nd June 2009, Tagore Hospital & research institute, Jaipur.
- Attended AO Introduction program as (Faculty) held on July 5th 2009, Jaipur, India.
- Participated in Advance course on Knee & Shoulder Arthroscopy Techniques held on 29th August 2010.